so it's lent and as stated in my previous post, i sacrificed some stuff. in giving up kpop (sort of) and twitter, i managed to give myself a lot of free time. okay more like i have nothing else to preoccupy myself with (kpop is so time consuming and twitter is almost a reflex). and so i ended up reading stuff i subscribed to (another
) and went back to sites i used to read regularly (slate
). but most of the stuff i read online now are mangas
and have started to read summaries of past x-men titles from uncanny x-men
the following mangas are what i regularly read (in no particular order):naruto
- one of the reasons i like this manga is because i watched the first episode of the anime and i really liked it. i like their powers. i mean who doesn't like fighting ninjas? their stories are pretty good too. i can't remember when i started reading the manga, but it was after a long time of not watching the anime. i was kinda updated on what was happening in the main storyline, but only really got into it again when i started the manga a few years after watching the anime. anyway, naruto is like every manga, but it progresses really well until the current arc that is. i feel like they've prolonged it so much and there's so much focus on a character (obito) that i don't care about. i really hope it ends soon. funnily enough, i don't watch the anime anymore. i'd much rather read the mangas than watch the animated version (so much kinder to my bandwidth too).bleach
- same with naruto, i watched the first episode of the anime and got hooked. this time it's about a shinigami (death god? cbb to google) and once again, i liked their powers. the story is pretty typical manga too. but the variation in the powers/power sets is what i liked about it (just like naruto). when i first got into this, i think i liked it too because of the art. ichigo looked cute. haha! but bleach has really gone stagnant. they used to have like a few pages in one issue with barely anything happening in it. like the mangaka doesn't know what to do with the story. i hope it ends soon, though. it's got my full interest back again with its recent issues, but still i think it's time to end this manga.fairy tale
- i've never watched an episode of the anime version of this manga. i never read the start of this manga, but when i saw the art, it reminded me of an anime i used to watch (i can't remember the title of the anime anymore). i think it's from the same mangaka. they had a similar character (this snowman like creature). anyway, i probably got bored one day so i decided to look for a manga to read. and i'm glad i gave this a try. i really like this manga. i always look forward to the next issue after reading the current issue.one piece
- i think this the manga fighting for the top spot in my list of mangas i like the most (fairy tale is the other manga). i really like the art in one piece. it's so detailed and everything looks so nice. the style is so unique that you immediately know it's one piece. also the arcs are really good. i think this is one manga that almost made me teary eyed.
here are other mangas i read. i don't feel like discussing them like the other 4 mostly because i haven't been reading them for as long as i've read the the four above. hehe!attack on titan
* - haven't watched the manga, but this was really good before things got a bit too convoluted.claymore
- i like mangas/animes with strong female characters. and there's a whole bunch of them in here.toriko
* - art is kinda not that great. but it has homoerotic vibes, so i stick with it. plus it's about food. writing is a bit eh, but i find it enjoyable.magi labyrinth of magic
* - i like the art (it's homoerotic as a manga would be). the story is about war and international relations and all that jazz. interesting power sets.magi sinbad no bouken
- this is an offshoot of magi. it's a prequel as sinbad is one of the characters in magi. this is origin story. same art.ubel blatt
* - i like the art here, too. and i like the story of the main character.area d
- i like the art. the story is a bit meh, but not unreadable.
* i had a lot of free time then and backtracked from the very first issue. the rest including the 4 above, i haven't bothered backtracking.
attack on titan, claymore and ubel blatt is released monthly. usually at the start of the month. the rest are weeklies, but sometimes they go on hiatus. most of the new scanlations come out on wednesdays except for magi and sinbad which comes out on tuesdays, and fairy tale which comes out on fridays (i think).
i actually read most of the mangas here in mangastream
, but they only store the 5 (i think. too lazy to check) latest issues. i read magi and sinbad in mangafox
i have to edit this post later to add links to the other titles. none of the sites where i read them are loading for me right now. and i'd leave this as a draft, but i almost thought elchay deleted this post when it didn't load.